INTERN - ENVIRONMENT AFFAIRS
• Support the implementation of the various ongoing Unit programmes, including the Mediterranean Investment Facility, Seed Capital Assistance Facility, the Green Climate Fund Readiness Programme, and the NDC Action Programme (see www.unep.org/climatechange/finance).
• Support the development of presentations for meetings with prospective partners and development of project proposals for various activities undertaken by the Finance Unit. The Intern will also support the development of analysis, briefings, minutes, and presentations for global, regional, and national workshops and seminars.
• Research and analysis in preparation for publications with project partners (Governments, academic institutions, and environmental organisations) to develop best practices and policy recommendations.
• Support development of communication outreach material, including both print and online media.
• When required, the Intern will also support the general organisation of events, including sending of invitations to participants/speakers, developing agendas, and printing of materials.
INTERN - Gender, Human Rights and Humanitarian Affairs
• Following developments of the assigned subject area; conducting internet research on thematic issues; providing inputs for talking points, background notes, speeches etc.
• Drafting, formatting, editing and posting original web site content/news stories, including graphics, photographs and video.
• Assisting with planning and organization of events, meetings and briefings and other communications and outreach activities.
• Providing general office support (drafting correspondence and other communications).
• Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Intern – Web and App Developers
• (Re)Design and launch the enhanced Section website: research, test, and integrate applications for the website improvements.
• Design conventional Mobile application, websites for the section and assist on their configuration on servers.
• Own web design from start to finish. Create mockups, wireframes, and prototypes, then design user friendly, intuitive web pages/Apps/publication, and execute all front-end code as appropriate.
• Optimize onsite features such as checkout, information pages, promotional pages, lead forms to improve conversion rates, engagement, and revenue.
• Propose solutions to simplify, enhance and maintain web.
• Create user flows, sitemaps with an understanding of information architecture.
• Provide training sessions on website management/maintenance, software and other tools developed.
• Enhance the “E-learning courses”: Design the digital structure of the training manuals. Prepare an outline of the e-learning course, with detailed structure and content descriptions of the various parts/modules. Individual modules may include text, images, interactive functionality, videos and/or interviews with the project team and partners involved in the implementation of the methodology. This component will be produced in close collaboration with UN-Habitat’s digital learning expert.
• Both the “offline” and “online” components will be aligned, in terms of learning process and content.
• Assist in making videos and animations, podcasts and editing.
• Undertake Graphic Design (layout of publication) and publication management work as requested by the section leader.
• Perform other tasks as required.
INTERN - ADMINISTRATION
• Assist in the research, analysis, development, consultation and formulation of policy positions for the UN Police Adviser and his senior management team based on the Strategic Guidance Framework for International Police Peacekeeping (SGF).
• Support the administration of the UN police knowledge management system to help cohesion in effort and facilitate organizational learning in line with the DPKO DFS (Department of Peacekeeping Operations and Department of Field Support) Policy on Knowledge Sharing and Organizational Learning (Ref. 2015.13).
• Assist with the development and maintenance of UN police strategic planning tools, monitoring and evaluation instruments to facilitate the Police Division's support to UN police field components in the effective implementation of mandated tasks.
• Support the preparation, coordination and follow up of UN police events.
• Perform other duties as necessary.
INTERN - POLITICAL AFFAIRS
• Conduct research in innovation areas of interest to the Division, such as innovation for conflict analysis, peacemaking and peacebuilding • Assistance in project-specific outputs, such as communication outreach, videos and audio.
• Attending and summarizing conferences and meetings.
• Assistance with logistics during conferences, meetings, and interactive presentations.
• Preparation of briefing materials, analytical documents, and talking points for managers and senior officials.
• Support all stages of projects, from brainstorming and project planning to project evaluation and post-project communication efforts.
• Support the recruitment of and coordination with consultants and external partners.